Hello Dear Crafty Friends!
I have 5 Clean & Simple Cards to share today 🙂
I’ve used many beautiful products from PABD’s new release, which can be checked out HERE
To start with, I wanted to introduce the concept of CAS or Clean & Simple.
If you are totally new to cardmaking, it is essentially a style of cardmaking wherein,
the emphasis is on the following guidelines:
-Maintaining a lot of white space. White Space is the area on the card which is left alone. It need not be white in color, just uncluttered.
– Minimal or no layers
-One focal point/element
– Minimal Embellishments
-Easy to re-create once the design has been thought of
Following are 5 examples of CAS cards.
1. CAS Floral Card: Hello
2. The pretty flower was stamped in grey using Watering Can Archival Ink & the Floral Fantasy Stamp.
The flower was colored with Prisma Color pencils.
3. The card was assembled by adhering the scalloped rectangle frame to the card base, then foam mounting the rectangle die cut & adhering the hello die cut.
4. In the end, Nuvo Jewel drops were added as an embellishment.
2. CAS One Layer Card: Books
1. For this OLC, the cute image was stamped directly on the cardbase using the Bookworm Stamp
& Shadow Grey Archival Ink.
2. The sentiment is also from the Bookworm stamp and it was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
3. Shadows were added using cool greys from the Prisma Color Pencils line.
4. Finally, the card was embellished with a few Nuvo Crystal Drops.
3. CAS Card: Congrats!
4. To assemble the card, the heart was colored with a red Zig marker, the hexagon die cut was foam mounted on the card base & half pearls were added as an embellishment.
4. CAS Card: Friends
2. The Chloe die
was used to create the black silhouette die cut.
3. Ink smooshing was done on the background (to create a loose organic look) using zig markers, a piece of acetate & a water spray bottle.
4. The black die cut was adhered to the panel & the sentiment was stamped with versafine onyx black ink using the With Love Daisy Stamp
5. To assemble the card, the stitched rectangle panel was foam mounted on the cardbase.
5. CAS One Layer Card: Get Well Soon
1. The cute critter was stamped directly on the cardbase using the Vet Me stamp
Versafine onyx black ink.
3. Light coloring was done & shadows were added with Prisma color pencils
PABD Supplies Used:
That’s all for today 🙂
In case, you’d like to see more of my projects using the beautiful PABD supplies,
Remember, all the PABD supplies can be bought from the online store here
Hope you have a pleasant week ahead.
Thanks a lot for your precious time 🙂