Hello Dear Crafty Friends !
We have had loads of eventful and exciting news at Peek-a-boo Designs over the past few days including:
(for more info, you can click here
– Crafty Challenges that give you a chance to win more PABD goodies!
(to get more info, you can click here
Today, I’d like to share with you a couple of projects.
1. CAS Diwali Card
This is a Clean & Simple A2 sized, top folding card.
– On the card base, masked off the edges and applied distress oxides through the Dimensional Stencil
– Stamped the beautiful fish from the new Madhubani Stamp
on Canson Watercolor paper & colored it in with zig markers, then fussy cut it.
– Stamped the sentiment from the Diwali Greetings Stamp
set onto a strip of watercolor paper & then colored in the strip with zigs and an aqua brush.
– To assemble the card, adhered the frame at a tilted angle onto the cardbase, also adhered the sentiment strip within the frame and then foam mounted the fish in the center, to add texture added a few gold strings under the fish to make it pop.
– In the end, adhered a few gold colored sequins for some sparkle
2. Mixed Media Layout- Beauty in Simplicity
These are some close-up photos of the layout:
I wanted to depict the beauty in simple things and the delicate image of a girl smelling the scent of pretty flowers really spoke to me, so I decided to create a Mixed Media Layout around it.
– Prepared the white cardstock base (12 by 12 inches) by applying white gesso
– Added strips of the pretty new washi tape-Blue Blossom
onto the background to create a pattern and then applied a wash of white gesso over it so that I could do watercoloring over the top in some areas
– Stamped on the pretty flowers from the Floral Fantasy Stamp
in the background using black archival ink (since it is a permanent ink that that doesn’t run when dry- I knew I wanted to do watercoloring later)
– Stamped flowers from the gorgeous new Pretty Roses Stamp set
& colored them in with watercolors, then fussy cut the images
– Did watercoloring in the background (with a blue, yellow & green) and also colored some gauze
– Adhered the photo to some blue pattern paper and stuck the frame from the Scalloped Rectangle die
on the photo to make the image pop
– To assemble the layout, I created layers using the fussy cut images, die cuts, pretty & delicate lace, flowers, gauze & a metal embellishment (which was colored with inka gold)
– In the end, added a few sticker sentiments, a few gems for some sparkle and created a little blue & white splatter
That’s all for today 🙂
Remember you can always buy all the PABD supplies from the PABD store here
And please do share your wonderful artwork using PABD supplies, with us, in our facebook group here.
PABD Supplies used:
Thanks a lot for your precious time 🙂
Stay Blessed & Happy Crafting!!