Swapna here with few cards for upcoming Deepavali festival. I made these cards with Peek-a-boo designs September release. Do check them out Here.
* Stamped the image and coloured with Staedtler water colour pencils and used wink of stella to blend colours.
* Die cut image with scalloped circle die, used bigger die.
* Glued the circle pieces on a circle card base.
* Used sentiment inside as the main image says everything.
Its depicting young girls making Rangoli during festival.
This is continuation of my previous post which you can find Here.
* I die cut leaves from craft foam twice.
* Die cut leaves from a scrap acetate to make my own stencil.
* Used few dye inks to blend through leaf stencil.
* Then stamped detail of leaf on the ink blended leaves.
* Wrapped green embroidery floss towards top and tied a small bow.
* Glued two leaves die cut in white and added a green sequin.
* Stamped sentiment and foam mounted on the panel.
* The whole panel was foam mounted on green card base.
This card is depiction of Torana (Mango leaves we use during any festival to decorate the entrance of house and temple) .
* Secured card base to work surface.
* Placed stencil and secured it.
* Used ranger spray in gold and sprayed few times from 1 feet above to get smaller droplets.
* Heat embossed sentiment in gold on a vellum piece.
* To add little interest I tore edges of vellum.
Its depiction of Light over darkness. That is what Deepavali is all about.
Hope you entered your entry to our September challenge . If not do it soon, few more days are left to win Gift voucher.
Join our Affiliate Program now and earn commission on every order placed by your friend. Dismiss