Menu

Peek-Tute Friday with Juhi: Die-cutting with a twist

0 Comments

Hello everyone! It’s Juhi. I am so excited to share my first tutorial for Peek-a-boo Designs. The focus of today’s tutorial is die-cutting. I will show a fun and easy way to use the tiny negative die cut pieces of the Graceful Lattice die.
Here’s the card I created.

I was inspired by this month’s challenge theme, which is a color inspiration, you can find the details here.

To make the card:
I started with a piece of watercolor paper painted in colors of the rainbow. I stuck the watercolor panel onto a piece of same sized cardstock with some repositionable glue and ran it through my die cutting machine with the Graceful Lattice Die. The die only cut through the top watercolor paper layer, leaving the bottom cardstock layer intack. Then I peeled off the die-cut watercolor paper leaving the tiny negative pieces stuck on the cardstock panel. I made a start to finish video of how I made this card.

I hope you enjoyed watching the video! This technique will work with most background dies. I would  love for you to have a go at it!

Supplies used:
Graceful Lattice Die

Double Stitched Rounded Rectangle Die

Dream Word Die

Thanks for visiting!

0 thoughts on “Peek-Tute Friday with Juhi: Die-cutting with a twist”

1. Suchi says:

Whoa!! I don't use dies- but seeing this card I feel I should! LOVE the rainbow colors used beautifully! πŸ™‚
    Suchi xx

2. Stunning card Juhi! BEAUTIFUL!

3. Stuning card, Juhi!!! Thank you for tut!!!

4. Karthikha says:

I love this card!! Gorgeous!!

5. halak shah says:

Gorgeous card and fantastic tutorial dear Juhi! I am totally gonna try this out! Thank you so much for sharing! <3

6. Beautiful…. Excited to say I am going to try it out…

7. The Rainbow color scheme looks fantastic !

8. Shilpi says:

Awesome card Juhi….
    Love the video tutorial of using negative died cuts….
    I haven't tried my hand at die cuts,but seeing this I'm quite tempted….?

9. Shilpi says:

Awesome card Juhi….
    Love the video tutorial of using negative died cuts….
    I haven't tried my hand at die cuts,but seeing this I'm quite tempted….?

10. Stunning card…loved the video….

11. Ria Banerjee says:

Its awesome!!!! Loved the technique shown by you ^_^ thanks for that

12. Gorgeous card with awesome technique! Thanks for sharing the making process πŸ™‚