Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a technique that I love to create with my die cuts. Today I am using the stamp set Peonies Love composed of four beautiful flowers and three sentiments but you can use any stamp set because the most important in this tutorial is the use of the die cut, and the Dual Stitched Rounded Rectangle. Take a look at my card:
Creating this card is a very simple process. Let me tell you how to make this:
1. Cut the base of the card. The size is 4-1/4″x11″ with score in 5-1/2″. I used Whisper White card stock.
2. Cut a second layer using the same color of the card base. The size is 4-1/4″x5-1/2″.
3. Arrange and stamp the images over the card base using Versafine Onix.
You are noticed that I only stamped three of the flowers included in the stamp set Peonies Love. These flowers are perfect to color inside.
4. Cover your stamped images with Clear Embossing Powder and melt the powder with the heat tool.
5. Continue with the stamping process but this time, take the die cut that you want to hide and put it in place where you want it. Use this as reference and arrange the other stamps to finalize the stamping and embossing steps.
8. Now is time to paint the flowers. I only paint the flowers that are inside the die cut part. For this I used color pencils. I always apply the light colors before and then the dark colors. Paste the large frame with the embossed flowers directly over the card base.
9. Paste the painted rectangle over the fun foam rectangle and then this piece over the card base. You will get a little dimension with this piece. Complete the decoration by adding some details of Crystal drops under the sentiment.
Here are the products that I used in this project. You can find these in our Peek-a-boo store.
I hope my project inspired you. You can use any stamp set and any die cut with this technique and, if you want, you can change the color of the die cut piece to create a dramatic contrast.