I am Swapna from The Dream Pages, I hope you are playing along this month’s challenge which is LAYERS
Hope you are enjoying our blog posts from all fellow DTs. This is my second detail post for this month for PABD and its mainly on STENCILS. Sometimes its tricky to add layers in CAS cards but its fun to challenge yourself to do so. When the post is about stencils then lets talk about these stencils a bit.
These are 8.5*8.5″ stencils which allow you to cover larger area so these can be used to make 5*7″ cards also and for Mixed media too.
Now coming to my projects
I have a small, behind the screen story for this card.
To be frank I was not sure about this card. My fellow Dt Ria have designed this stamp and after July release she asked me ‘Did you like Humming blooms’ set n particularly bird images? I said liked but I might not do justice with birds so I will use only flourish from the set. Then I thought WHY NOT TRY birds. So decided to make this card.
* My first step was to keep the card base ready, so i took a black top folding card base. I secured the base to my work surface along with stencil. Applied texture paste concentrating towards centre portion of the base. Left it air dry.
* I stamped and coloured the small bird from the set on water colour paper and coloured in rainbow theme. Then fussy cut the image. I used wink of stella for blending colours and to add shimmer to the image
* Heat embossed the custom sentiment on black CS.
* Mounted bird and sentiment with foam tape.
I will try my best to explain this card.
* I took 15*7″ CS, scored at 5 and 10″.
* Partial die cut on each flaps using the stitched oval dies.
* Placed the stencil on one flap and applied SSS lavender ink and on other flap I applied hero arts white pigment ink. While placing the stencil on other flap I made sure the design that the design continues.
* Cut white CS with second large and second small stitched oval die. Stamped image with same SSS ink. Coloured the image with colour pencils. Stamped sentiment with Versafine black onyx ink.
* Glued large oval inside card. Mounted small oval in the front.
After doing 2 cards I was thinking to do one more card with our third stencil. Thought to keep it simple.
* Placed the stencil over a white CS. Used two distress inks to blend.
* Trimmed it 0.5 cm on all sides so that it can fit on the card base.
* Stamped the sentiment with black ink. Applied black wink-of-stella for shimmer and Glossy accent for gloss.
* Die cut a heart, applied wink of stella and glossy accent.
Hope you liked my work..
We also have 10% Discount on your purchase through the month of july. Visit Peek-a-boo designs site and grab the discount.
Copoun code is SWAPNA_10
Suggestions are always welcome…
Join our Affiliate Program now and earn commission on every order placed by your friend. Dismiss