Good evening friends 🙂
This is PonMalar, Guest Designing for Peek-a-boo
using February release stamp sets. You can see more of my works here at my blog
This is my first time as a Guest designer & I hope I was up to the expectations!!
Coming to my post, I got these stamp sets from Peek-a-boo along with my winner’s package. Such a cute set for focal elements, an awesome striped set for background & the best of all, a great collection of words with Hugs & Love in bold ♥♥
There are endless possibilities for cards using just these three sets & I made these few just to ponder about those possibilities.
1. In my first card I used distress inks in rainbow shade on Neenah solar white card stock, sprayed liberally with a fine mist of water to activate the colors as I didn’t want sharp margins!! Fussy cut a star shape out of the panel, trimmed the border of the star cut-out. Then put them together on black card base & added white embossed sentiments in black to finish the front.
Added that trimmed star cut-out to the inside of the card to complete it.
2. My first ever shaker card. It is a shaker card in black & gold. Used two of those solid striped stamps with gold pigment ink on a black panel. Fussy cut a circle out of it & stuck an acetate sheet to the back. Used black foam tape around the circle margin & filled the shaker area with tiny gold balls. Stamped the word Love from the bold sentiments in gold pigment ink to a black card & finished the shaker part. Gold embossed the Hugs sentiment & added it to the front of the card. Few gold stones to finish the look.
3. This is one fun technique of using a stamp to the maximum. Used a striped stamp from the set to create stripes of blue & yellow on a white card stock. Cut out cloud shapes from the blue & the sun from the yellow. Sponged blue distress inks to the front of the card, added yellow stripes to depict the rays of the sun, pasted the fussy cut clouds & sun using foam tape, white embossed the sentiments. Added few stones to add some shine.
4. What use are stripes without putting together a plaid background. Used black & white on red card stock to create a plaid background. White embossed the sentiment on black & added it to the card using black foam & few red stones for fun!!
5. A simple & easy card, red stripes on white card stock, while masking two hearts cut from a scrap paper. Used the same negative space of the hearts to sponge some Memento inks from the edges. White embossed the sentiment in red card & fussy cut it & added to the front of the card along with few pink stones.
6. My second shaker card & my first Window-shaker. Took a circular card base, fussy cut a circle window on the front panel. Added acetate sheet, then few tiny multi-colored balls, then the second acetate sheet & finally a fussy cut circle to cover up all those double sided tapes. The front circle is colored using distress inks using ink smooching technique. Black embossed the cutie to the inside of the card & water colored using Distress inks.
Hope I didn’t bore you with a long post(I did try to keep it short, he he)!! Well, I must say I love these stamp sets, thank you so much Peek-a-boo team for the stamps as well as for this wonderful opportunity. Had so much fun playing with those, hope you all enjoy crafting with these too. Have a great day friends.
♥♥ Dream, Create, Inspire ♥♥